Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Iris Fold Technique

I never really considered the insides of envelopes until I took a class on 'Iris Folding'.  Now I eagerly open my bills, looking for the elusive green or blue linings that look like Japanese origami paper.  The patterns are for security, but, they can be reused for so much more!



This is a picture of my Dad - about the time when he met my mother in Michigan.  I think the blue papers look nice against a black and white photo.


Then I thought, why not try framing a color picture with Iris folds in blue?   This picture of my granddaughter at the beach really pops in this.  I liked it so much I put it in a shabby white frame for keeps.

The blue papers are hard to find.  Lots of black envelope patterns and I am working on a journal page using those.  Feel free to send me any green paper you find.  It is the Holy Grail!!

No comments:

Post a Comment