Friday, September 13, 2019

Silva Rerum

Silva Rerum means a 'forest of things' and is traditionally a family chronicle or journal of sorts.  In this class, we made our own Silva Rerum by repurposing a vintage book cover and sewing in signatures made of interesting paper scraps.  I used a smallish book 'The World Beautiful' by Lillian Whiting (I saved the book pages for later projects) and sewed in 6 signatures of paper from my stash that I loved.  Included are vintage maps, ledger paper, wrapping paper, tissue paper, and some handmade paper.

Over time, this Silva Rerum will become a full art journal.  I have already been filling in some of the pages with collages and collage 'starts'. 

I think I am going to make more of these - I have so many beautiful vintage book covers to repurpose...





No comments:

Post a Comment