Monday, March 26, 2018

Solvent Transfer



Easily my favorite transfer method from Courtney Cerruti's class (Creativebug), was the solvent method.  In the above card, I used a black and white copy of the little girl (see photos below) and then transferred it onto my inked cardstock (Tim Holtz distress in Faded Jeans and Scattered Straw).  I used a pink pencil to color in her bathing suit and then stamped the greeting.  The best thing about this method is I can copy the photo and transfer it as many times as I want - the sky is the limit!

The photos of the little girl were found in a flea market.  They are a set that I purchased of the same girl from the 1950's.  I think one of her parents was a very good photographer because her photos are so lovely.  I am looking forward to incorporating these images into more of my art.



Here are some of the photos that I used for image transfer.


2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Yeah, solvent really works well but I steer clear of it because of the fumes and toxin issues (I was using Xylene).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh! I better check the Chartpak pen I was using. I am glad you told me that. Another task for the outdoors. Thank you for the 'heads up'!

      Delete