Thursday, January 18, 2018

Dropcloth Sampler Completed


This is one of those projects that I completed last year (my year of completions so to speak).  If you like doing embroidery you should check out Rebecca Ringquist's books, Etsy shop, and she has classes on Creativebug.  I must say that I enjoyed this project even more than anticipated.  Embroidery can be like sculpture and Rebecca has a modern approach which is refreshing.  Particularly for someone like me who has trouble keeping the back of the work nice and neat (which traditionally is a bit of a requirement).  The book makes a nice reference too, so I will be keeping it in my library.

1 comment:

  1. I like this art form very much and the variety of stitches and threads you used is so interesting. Those are killer French Knots! Congrats on completing it.

    ReplyDelete