Thursday, January 18, 2018

My First Coptic Bound Book


I took the plunge and signed up for Creativebug classes.  It is a wonderful deal because when you spend the money on an art class in person, you have to take notes and remember all the details.  However, with Creativebug, I can go back and review the video over and over and over until I get the technique down.  I need lots of repetition apparently.

I have long wanted to learn coptic book binding (in fact, I had all the materials to do so, but, had not learned the skill).  This was another unfinished project that needed fulfillment.

I loved this class!  Book binding with thread is much like knitting because the tension must stay consistent.  I have so many books that I would like to repurpose and making sketchbooks and notebooks out of old beautiful covers is something I plan on doing more of.



2 comments:

  1. This is a great skill to learn and on my to-do list is to make a teeny-tiny one. Yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ms. Bee! Next on my list is image transfers. You do such beautiful things with that technique.

      Delete